22 Weekend Family Activities
This past weekend was busy! My son had two soccer games on Saturday and I enjoyed coaching his team to victory. My wife and I were able to spend time together and attend a Switchfoot concert. We were also able to spend time with our kids which is my favorite thing to do on the weekends. We have many weekend family activities that we enjoy doing together. Finding weekend family activities that you can do together doesn’t have to be hard. Don’t overthink it. Here is my list of our favorite activities to partake in if you need ideas!
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
1. Visit the zoo. Ask your kids about the different animals that you see. What’s their favorite animal? Teach each other fun facts about the different animals.
2. Build a fort with pillows, cushions and sheets. My kids love to bring books in their fort and play pretend house.
3. Have a nerf gun battle. Just be careful and avoid the face.
4. Have a water gun fight. Face shots aren’t as bad in this case.
5. Play the floor is lava. Get creative!
6. Spend a day and travel around to different playgrounds. My kids love visiting new playgrounds and exploring different areas. If you have extroverted kids, this is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends.
7. Visit your children’s grand parents and/or great grandparents. This one is near and dear to my heart. It warms my heart to see my kids build strong relationships with their grandparents and great grandparents. The smiles when they are together are priceless.
8. Paint pottery together. There are stores that you can pay to choose a piece of pottery and paint it together. It’s so much fun.
9. Do an Escape Room together. Our 6 year olds and 2 year old LOVED it. Unfortunately, we didn’t escape in time though…
10. Bake a cake together. This is a no brainer if you love cake as much as we do.
11. Visit your local library. You can never have enough books.
12. Ride bikes together. My two year old absolutely adores his balance bike right now.
13. Spend the day at the beach. There are so many great activities that you can do as a family at the beach.
14. Do a scavenger hunt. This scavenger hunt game is our favorite to play together! It has three different scavenger hunts to complete: Outside, in the home or in the car. It’s perfect!
15. Put together a backyard family soccer game. It gets quite competitive.
16. Clean the house together. Family five!
17. Make your own pizzas for dinner.
18. Go bowling. It’s okay. You can use bumpers.
19. Visit a trampoline park. This one is FUN!
20. Complete a random act of kindness. It’s a beautiful thing when as a family, you make someone smile.
21. Do a science experiment together. This will probably get messy, so see #16 ASAP.
22. Make homemade ice cream.